I recommend BilJac, because it's what I feed my puppies. The puppy select chicken recipe dry dog food.
If you're going to switch from BilJac to another brand, do it gradually so they don't get an upset tummy. Mix the new food with the BilJac for a few days:
1/4 new food to 3/4 BilJac for a few days, then,
1/2 new food to 1/2 BilJac then,
3/4 New food to BilJac 1/4.
I use Pure Paws products for shampoo day
The Shampoo and Conditioner are the h2o line, and they have a finishing spray in the regular line. It really makes a difference in the coat. Here are a few links if you would like to order. It costs a little more, but it is very concentrated and lasts a long time, you will be pleased with the difference in their coat. I don’t use anything with oat meal, it makes the coat stick together.
- Hydrating Dog Shampoo: Pure Paws h2o Hydrating Dog Shampoo
- Hydrating Dog Conditioner: Pure Paws h2o Hydrating Dog Conditioner
- Finishing Spray: Pure Paws Finishing Show spray 8 oz
I use Chris Christianson Grooming tools. Again, they cost a little more, but the outcome is noticeable and it sure makes the job easier.
- Greyhound Style Buttercomb: Chris Christensen 504 8 5 fine coarse Greyhound Style Buttercomb
- Small Comb: Brands Chris Christensen Dog Grooming Products
- Slicker Brush: Chris Christensen Slicker Brushes Mark II Small Slicker
- Pin Brush: Chris Christensen Original Pin Brushes
This link has a nice selection of scissors as well. I have 3 pair. Small for trimming around paws. Long for grooming arms and body, and thinning shears for everything else.
- Chris Christianson Scissors: Chris Christianson Scissors
Cedarcide Original. If used properly, biting insects will stay away. It does not have DEET, so it's non-toxic to animals and it's safe for your family, pets, and home.
For use directly on people, pets, and indoors, Cedarcide Original kills and repels biting pests like fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, mites, and ants without harmful chemicals. And, it's safe for clothing, gear, carpeting, furniture: Cedarcide Original
FLEA & TICK PRODUCTS
ZODIAC® SPOT ON®
FLEA & TICK CONTROL FOR DOGS AND PUPPIES
- Kills and repels fleas, ticks and mosquitoes for up to 30 days
- Kills flea eggs
- Prevents reinfestation of fleas on your dog
When your puppies are very young, you don’t want to use any of the topical poisons on them, or the ones you give by mouth. I would recommend waiting until they are at least 3 to 4 months old.